Friday 5 December 2008

Please Comment - Don't Argue!


Photo Credit: Piez

Krazy kittens kan't komment!

When starting this blog I decided not to allow comments for the following reasons:

- Questions might get posed to me when really they should be posed to The Satguroo who has all the answers.

- So many Sikhee forums and blog comments sections are full of vicious words, cheap jibes, slander and general negativity.

However yesterday a Gursikh whom I respect emailed me requesting that I activate the comments section. After a bit of thought, I've decided to do so...it's not good to disobey Gursikhs unless you have a really good reason, because they talk lots of sense.

Looking at my initial concerns, I think that they can be positively addressed as follows:

+ The comments section will be
moderated.

+ I will only answer questions directly posed to me if
I feel it is appropriate and I am fully comfortable...and they have to be easy, ok! Otherwise, I will try my best to respond via GurbaaNee quotes, which can act as a prompt for you to contemplate things for yourself.

* Please don't reply to one another as commentators. You’ll start a debate. Just
share your valuable thoughts, without ramming fellow commentators with them, and leave it at that. Others can take and leave from your words what they wish.

* A wise man once said:

“One well-written comment is enough to make and leave
your point.”

Well, a wise man didn’t say that, but he could have, because it does sound kind of ‘wise-manly’, doesn’t it?

* Any comments which might start a ‘I’ll make you look stupid if it’s the last thing I do’ episode will not be allowed.

Well I hope the above does not come across as dictatorial. It’s all meant in a positive way, in order to hopefully make this blog a pleasant, uplifting and spiritual place to be.


( ( ( :-)>>> Atma Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment