Tuesday 9 December 2008

Poem - Spinning Circle


The poem written by a member of the Sikh Philosophy Network regarding my last post encourged me to dig-up some poems of my own. I'll post one from time to time.

Below is one which for any non-Panjabees will probably pose problems due to the transliterated words which attempt to convey Panjabee words. If you are such a reader, and you want to know what the transliterated words mean, please leave a comment requesting the meanings of these words, and I'll reply back by translating each one for you.


Spinning Circle

There is Shaant amidst
Crashing waves
Stillness at the centre
Of spinning circles

Poise in the fluttering
Falling leaves
Grace in Killing
Soor-Beer Shaheeds

---

There is Sehaj amidst
Thundering thoughts
Truth in the middle
Of blinding fog

Seva in the hands
Of murderous thieves
Zor in the begging
Of Gurmukh Ghareebs

---

There is Amrit amidst
Bitter poison
Sants in the hearts
Of hateful sinners

Light in Darkest
Abandoned Souls
Melody in Chaos
Of Manmukh minds

---

Shaant amidst
Soor-Beer Shaheeds

Sehaj amidst
Gurmukh Ghareebs

Amrit amidst
Manmukh minds

Find Stillness
Centre
The Spinning Circle


( ( ( :-) >>>
Atma Singh - everyday sikhee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog banner!! it's sooooooooo cool!

Atma Singh said...

Thanks. I took that pic in Panjaab during a wedding I was photographing. Some kids were playing with heaps of flowers that were going to be used. I asked them to throw tham in the air. They were all laughing so much!

Post a Comment